The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Operating Engineer
Qualified candidates will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Extensive field experience with:
- operating, troubleshooting, and repairing HVAC/R equipement
- electrical power and control systems
- basic plumbing skills (soldering, brazing, etc.)
- monitoring and operation of fire protection systems along with the requisite certificates
- fire alarm systems and evacuation skills
- NYC Fire Department Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer
- CFC Universal Card
- FDNY S-12 and S-13 Certificates of Fitness for standpipe and sprinkler, as well as other engineering certificates of fitness required for proper operation, coverage and job performance (air compressor, fire guard, oxy/acetylene, etc.)
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints
- Superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction well and to effectively accomplish tasks based on verbal instructions
- High level of motivation and be a self-starter
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Capability to work flexible schedule as required by operational demands and ability to fill-in for co-workers as necessary (due to vacation, illness, etc.). Mandatory overtime when required by operational needs. Our Engineering Crew services our theatres, which operate 365 days a year.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline oriented, high pressure environment, and to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record
Will require application for membership in I.U.O.E. Local Union No. 30.
Title: Mailroom Clerk
Work Hours: 9:30am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday, with overtime as required. Must be available to work 9:00am-5:30pm when needed.
Duties: Responsible for sorting, handling and delivering the mail to various departments, theatres and offices throughout Manhattan.
- Previous work experience as a Mailroom Clerk or Messenger preferred.
- Good verbal communications and customer service skills.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Ability to lift boxes and/or other items weighing up to 30 lbs.
For consideration, please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.