The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Audit Manager
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm. Must be able to work additional time as necessary, including holidays.
- Supervise and assist the Audit Department staff.
- Review payroll and income/expense statements for theatres.
- Update and maintain various schedules for use in preparing weekly, quarterly and annual reports (both internal and external).
- Review weekly transmittals (billing to attractions) for accuracy.
- Communicate with Theatre Managers on payroll and settlement matters.
- Communicate with various Union offices relating to compensation and benefits matters, including computing deficiencies and handling payroll audits.
- Research and provide assistance to questions.
- Prepare and review vouchers for payment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required (or equivalent auditing experience).
- Auditing experience including supervisory experience.
- Superior PC skills (Word, Access and advanced Excel). Excel experience must include: creating spreadsheets, "look-up" functions, writing "if" statements with various parameters, and running and creating macros.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Title: Tax Manager
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm. Must be able to work additional time as necessary.
- Prepare schedules for annual corporate tax provision.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales taxes and miscellaneous business tax returns.
- Manage all corporate federal, state and local income tax compliance requirements including tax returns, estimated payments, and extensions.
- Maintain accurate and organized tax files in preparation of audit requests and audit substantiation.
- Perform miscellaneous general accounting functions.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years public/private corporate federal and state tax accounting experience.
- Experience in the preparation of 1120, partnerships, and state and local corporate income tax returns.
- Experience in preparation of 990-PF, miscellaneous business tax returns, sales and use tax, commercial rent tax, occupancy tax, and payroll taxes a plus.
- Thorough familiarity with federal and state income tax compliance requirements including tax returns, estimates and extensions.
- Strong tax research skills utilizing tax research databases (CCH).
- Sold verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Familiarity with GoSystem or One Source tax and fixed assets software a plus.
Title: Theatre Manager Intern
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible 40 hour weekly schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. Additional time may be required.
- Paid 8 week Internship which may lead to an ATPAM Theatre Manager Apprenticeship. It is anticipated that the Apprenticeship will be completed Labor Day 2019.
- During the Internship and the Apprenticeship, you will work both in the theatre and various Shubert Departments in order to gain a well-rounded knowledge of the Organization and the responsibilities of a Theatre Manager.
- Upon successfully completing the Apprenticeship, and passing the ATPAM exam, you may be assigned to a specific theatre or become one of our Substitute Theatre Managers.
- Educated, trained and/or experienced in theatre management.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- PC literate (Excel and Word).
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Bachelor's Degree.
We offer competitive salaries and a superior benefits package.
For consideration, please send resumes to: email@example.com.