The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Event Manager, New World Stages
Schedule: The hours and days will vary weekly as necessitated by the events' schedule and will include evenings and weekends. The base work week is 40 hours.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Run events on the floor as the primary venue contact. Focusing on National Geographic Encounter but also covering events at New World Stages and Stage 42 as needed.
- Attend building walk-throughs with potential clients, to document options for events.
- Coordinate with AV partner and Catering partner to ensure a seamless event experience for each client.
- Coordinate with Operations and Guest Services departments at National Geographic Encounter to ensure efficient event operations.
- Utilize Arts Vision to record all imperative information for proper event execution.
- Generate and track Run of Day documents and post event paperwork.
- Assist with marketing, development and production of in-house produced events.
- Communicate options with clients regarding their events, via telephone, email and in-person.
- Events management experience and/or stage management or production management experience.
- Experience as a team leader.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely proactive and reliable.
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings/weekends/holidays.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (familiarity with Arts Vision a plus).
- Sales experience
- Experience working with vendors
Title: Stage Door Coordinator, New World Stages
Schedule: Thursdays through Mondays, 4:00p.m. to 12 midnight. Must be flexible to work modified and/or additional days and hours, including holidays, as required.
- Responsible for reception and security at the Stage Door of New World Stages.
- Greet all tenants, clients, co-workers, and guests of all of the above with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Maintain security at Stage Door, maintain records of access and key possession, and ensure compliance with safety, security, and service standards.
- Respond to Facilities emergencies as needed, providing reports of facilities concerns to Manager and begin stop-gap repair measures as necessary.
- Oversee and direct the actions of Security and supplemental Stage Door personnel, alerting Facilities Manager to any issues.
- Communicate between tenants, Front of House, and Facilities staff regarding requests for service and other Facilities concerns.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of items and messages for tenants, clients, and NWS staff and maintain records reflecting activity.
- Monitors and maintain cleanliness and order of the Stage Door and storage closet.
- Facilitate communications by supervising the receiving and logging of phone calls, mail, and deliveries, and supervising the dissemination of nightly reports.
- Attend team meetings and communicate building issues and conditions.
- Work with the Theater Manager to organize and monitor Playbill inventories.
- Other duties as required.
- One to three years of experience working in customer
- service/reception/security oriented positions.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic word processing skills.
- Facility maintenance experience a plus (plumbing and/or electrical).
- Experience leading a team a plus.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Title: Mid-Level Web Developer - Agile/Scrum, Choice Ticketing Systems, Boulder CO office
Schedule: 40 hours per week, additional time as needed due to operational needs.
Duties: As a mid-level Developer on our team, you will work closely with our Senior Developers and QA folk on both new feature development and existing code maintenance. You will participate actively in all Scrum ceremonies, and work closely with our Product Owner to make sure you understand all feature requirements and can provide accurate estimates for your work. You should be prepared to learn new technologies as needed.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and version control tools.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop bold new ideas.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of development experience on an Agile/Scrum team.
- Nice to have:
- Angular/Angular2 experience
- SASS or LESS
- Linux experience
- yii2 / symfony / laravel or any other MVC framework
- Unit Testing
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please send resumes to: email@example.com.